Many times individuals will have keloid scars that they are not aware of how they have gotten. This type of scar is often firm and rubbery and can vary in colors and sizes. They are known to be scars that will not stop.
These scars rise above the skin, and may not appear right after an injury. However, there are many different ways to get rid of keloids. Just try any one of these top ten all natural remedies.
Natural Remedies to Remove Keloids
1. Apple Cider Vinegar can help to reduce any redness that is seen in the scar. It can also help minimize the size. Simply apply the apple cider vinegar to the skin and then massage it in. Allow the ACV to dry well and then repeat the process.
2. Mustard oil is a wonderful way to treat keloids. Simply apply it to the skin up to 3 times per day.
3. Lavender oil will help the scars by rejuvenating them. This will help to increase the cell turnover. Apply lavender oil and massage into the skin for a few minutes. This oil can also help the scar so it does not become a permanent fixture.
4. Baking soda can be used to help with a keloid. Apply one part baking soda mixed with three parts peroxide to form a paste. Rub into the skin to help speed up the healing process. This will also exfoliate the skin.
5. Lemon juice is great for scars since it is full of vitamin C. Just apply fresh lemon juice to the area, let it sit for half an hour then rinse with cool water.
6. Aloe Vera can help the keloid scar by conditioning the skin. It will help with inflammation as well and will help to heal the skin. Apply the gel on the scars after washing well with warm water.
7. Garlic is a wonderful all natural remedy for scars. Garlic oil applied the the keloid will help to prevent excessive fibroblast proliferation. Leave the oil sit on for 10 minutes then rinse off.
8. Fuller’s earth can help keloid scarring. Apply one tablespoon of fuller’s earth mixed with a teaspoon each of lemon juice and rose water. Massage this onto the scar until it becomes soft, then apply another layer. Allow this layer to sit for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse with cool water.
9. Honey can help to moisturize the skin and improve the blood circulation. Apply honey to the skin and massage. This will also help to remove any dead skin cells.
10. Sandalwood and rosewater can be applied to the skin after cleansing the scar. Apply the thick paste before bedtime then in the morning rinse off with warm water.