It’s no secret that baking soda is super versatile. You may use it around your house for cooking or cleaning, or even for treating certain medical issues. But have you ever though about putting it in your hair?
Yep, that’s right. Baking soda ( click here for International products ) has some amazing benefits for your hair! You can use it in place of your regular shampoo to give your locks a boost. It’s a safe and affordable product that naturally cleanses and leaves your hair feeling healthy. If you’re skeptical, check out some of the benefits of using baking soda on your hair!
1. Baking Soda Removes Product Residue
Baking soda will help remove any leftover residue from your hair products. Leftover remains from shampoo, conditioner or hair spray can weigh down your hair and make it greasy. Baking soda is the perfect remedy to making sure your hair is actually clean.
2. Baking Soda Removes Chlorine
If you’re a frequent swimmer, you probably know that chlorine can damage your hair. It can even change the color of your hair! Baking soda helps remove chlorine from your hair and scalp, protecting it against damage.
3. Baking Soda Promotes Hair Growth
When your hair is weighed down with residue or chemicals, it can stunt hair growth. Baking soda is able to clean your hair better than shampoo can! Using baking soda to get rid of any extra dirt can help your hair grow long and strong!
Here’s how to use baking soda shampoo to clean your scalp and hair:
- Mix baking soda and water at a 1 to 3 ratio in a small squeeze bottle. The more hair you have, the more you’ll need. For shoulder-length hair, use 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 6 tablespoons of water.
- You can use baking soda on dry hair, or you can use it when your hair is wet. Work the mixture in starting at your roots, and move it through to the end of your hair.
- Let the mix sit for a few minutes, then wash it off using warm water.
- Rinse your hair with a mixture of apple cider vinegar ( for International products click here ) and water. The ratio should be 1 to 4. Add a few drops of essential oil if you’d like.
- To apply the apple cider vinegar ( for International products click here )mix, tilt your head backward to avoid getting apple cider vinegar in your eyes.