You’ve undoubtedly seen tons of baking soda and coconut oil face mask recipes all over the Internet, but have you actually ever tried it? We’re here to tell you that if you haven’t, you absolutely MUST! Although it may seem like a very simple mask, the combination of baking soda with the coconut oil is VERY powerful and can cure a slew of skin conditions such as acne, scars, dark spots, oily skin, and aging skin. The benefits of this baking soda and coconut oil face mask are immense and we highly recommend you try this mask out ASAP – your skin will glow after the first use!
Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antiseptic. All of these properties will help heal acne scars and prevent bacteria from forming, therefore preventing the formation of acne and breakouts.
Because coconut oil is also loaded with antioxidants, it is the perfect candidate for those with aging skin as it protects the skin from the damage of free radicals and premature aging.
Baking soda is a natural exfoliant as well as a natural bleaching agent which reduces the appearance of scars, prevents acne from forming, and sloughs off dead skin cells. This will brighten dull skin and give it a beautiful glow, and will also control the over-production of sebum (oil) in the skin.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix the baking soda with the coconut oil until well combined.
- Apply the mask to cleansed skin and rub in slow, circular motions to remove any dirt, buildup, and dead skin cells.
- Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes (5 minutes for sensitive skin, and 10 minutes for oily skin).
- Remove the mask with a wet and warm washcloth.
- Rinse off any leftover residue using cold water to close up the pores.
- Use 2-3 times a week to reverse the signs of aging, brighten skin, prevent acne, and reduce the appearance of scars and dark spots.