What is Copenhagen Diet?
Copenhagen Diet aka Royal Danish Hospital Diet, Swedish, diet is a 13 Day Diet Plan, consisting foods that are high in protein and low in fat. It is also famous by the phrase “13 Day Diet On The Way To Paradise”. It is one of the buzzing diets these days to slim down over a short period of time. People are using it to lose weight fast for an upcoming event such as a wedding or a similar ceremony.
In other words, Copenhagen Diet Boils down to be:
– Very Rigorous
– Fixed and Specific menu, which you cannot modify.
– Fastest results giving diet
Yes, it indeed is very rigorous and is not everyone’s cup of tea. But, if you are determined enough, you can get through it with some fantastic results.
Such as losing 15 to 20 pounds.
How many meals are allowed in Copenhagen diet?
You can have a morning coffee/tea and 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner.
How many calories can I Consume in Copenhagen Diet?
You can take 900 calories a day. If your calorie intake goes above that. You are not on Copenhagen Diet. Use WebMD Food calculator to keep track of calories you are taking in.
Journaling your intakes is also a good idea.
What foods can I eat in Copenhagen Diet?
- Lean Meat
- Skinless Chicken
- Pork Chops
- Coffee or Green Tea
Who Should Stay Away From This Diet?
If you fall under any of the following conditions, this diet is not for you:
- General Health Issues
- Arterial Hypertension
- Gastric Disorders
- If you are involved in sports or actives that involves physical strength.
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Moms
- If you are a Teenager
- Working on the physically demanding job.
- If your age is above 40
Even if you don’t fall under any of the above situations, it is always a good choice that you seek advice from a licensed doctor.
Copenhagen Diet Plan For 13 Days
Here is the vegan and Vegetarian version of Copenhagen Diet:
Here is how can you replace meats mentioned in this article:
- Fish: Tempeh(It is very similar to tofu)
- Chicken: Jackfruit, Cauliflower, Eggplant
- Beef: Beans (These contain 8 Grams for protein and 8 grams of dietary fiber each half a cup)
- Pork: Jackfruit
By the time you will finish this diet, it is very likely that you will lose at least 15 to 20 pounds, depending on your body type and amount of fat that your body has. Well, there is more to Copenhagen diet when it comes to benefits, here they are:
It speeds up your Metabolism
Foods you’d be consuming in this 13-day diet plan will increase your metabolic rate. Eggs, beef, and chicken are very rich in protein and demand more energy to digest. This is because thermic effect these foods have. Thermic effect is expenditure rate at which your body spends energy to digest food.
It can reduce cellulite dimples
As your body will start losing weight and detox itself, the appearance of cellulite dimples will significantly reduce because the enlarged fat-cells will reduce in size so, there will be less pressure on the connective tissue.
More tips on Copenhagen Diet
- Cut-down on salt as much as you can
- Don’t fill your sugar cravings with anything sugar-free, like chewing gum or any other low caloric sugar alternative.
- Drink plenty of water, use this calculator to find out how much you need.
- Do not exhaust yourself physically
- You may feel weakness or headaches during the initial phase, you don’t need to panic as these symptoms will subside as you go.
- Do not continue this diet once 13 days are over.
- You should not follow this diet more than once a year.
- Once the diet is over, take multi-vitamin supplements.
What’s our take and conclusion
We advise that instead of going after such a rigorous diet regimen you should choose for other healthier and long-term weight-loss methods.