Acute tonsillitis is an inflammatory virus type which infects the tissues within the tonsils with harmful bacteria. Tonsils are a pair of small, oval-shaped, lymph nodes at the back of the throat. They have a very important function – they block bacteria and pathogens from spreading through to the body.
In addition, tonsillitis is very common among children. It can be a result of both bacteria and viruses. However, it is mostly caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, which is a type of polymicrobial viral pathogen.
Antibiotics are the most common medical treatment for tonsillitis. Still, if this condition is persistent, and occurs frequently, surgical removal is required. On the other hand, the body is more exposed to microbes without the tonsils.
- A sore throat
- Swollen and painful tonsils
- Difficulties in swallowing
- Lymph nodes on the sides of the throat and neck
- Ears and neck pain
- White or yellowish layer on the tonsils
- Blisters or ulcers in the throat
- Redness around the tonsils and throat
- High body temperature
- Loss of voice
- Talking difficulties
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, or vomiting
- Bad breath
However, you can put an end to all of these unpleasant symptoms by preparing the following recipe that works within four hours:
- 250 ml water
- 80 grams of ground cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cognac
- First, take a boiling pot and put the cumin seeds in it and pour 200 ml water over them.
- Turn the heat on, and when the water begins to boil, continue boiling for another 15 minutes.
- The result should be a thick extensible structure that seems a little bit like a coffee sludge.
- Then, strain this mixture, add 50 ml water and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- In the end, remove the pot from heat and add the cognac.
- For relieving tonsillitis, you should consume one tablespoon of this mixture every 30 minutes.
- After two hours you’ll begin to feel a relief. And after four hours you will feel healed.
Other Natural Remedies for Tonsillitis:
1. Lemon juice
- Lemon juice consumption will boost your immune system and help with the symptoms connected with tonsillitis.
- Note that the fresh lemon juice is the best and that there is no preferable amount.
- Just drink as much as you think you should.
- The antimicrobial properties of honey make it great for throat infection treatment.
- Just mix 4 tablespoons in a glass filled with water and drink it.
- Consume this remedy 2 to 3 times on a daily basis.
- Turmeric abounds in antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- An excellent way to fight throat infection is to drink a glass of warm almond or coconut milk with a pinch of turmeric.
4. Ginger Tea
- Ginger is both a great antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Take a cup of boiling water and crush a small cube of ginger in it.
- Wait to cool off a little bit and drink.
5. Onion Juice
This might sound a little strange. But, don’t worry – you don’t have to drink onion juice.
You should only make a gargle so that the antimicrobial properties found in onions can do their job.