When the blood does not reach our brain in the right way, a stroke occurs. Nearly 785,000 people die every year in the United States due to stroke, which makes the disease the third cause of death in that country. Today, you will learn to detect a stroke in simple steps, in order to confront the attack and retract it instantly.
In the same way, as a heart attack occurs, a stroke is usually caused by the obstruction of an artery, which does not allow blood to reach the brain in its proper form. This blockage may be due to a blood clot or fat deposit. Today we will teach you to detect a stroke, in order to reduce the risks of the attack on your health in general, and beyond this, to save your life.
RISK FACTORS AT THE TIME OF SUFFERING A STROKE
- Sex: Men are more at risk of having a stroke than women.
- Smoking tobacco: The chemicals present in tobacco, increase the accumulation of platelets in the walls of the arteries, which is capable of causing blood clots capable of blocking the arteries.
- Cholesterol: Cholesterol damages the walls of the arteries, making it easier to lodge fats in them.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the main causes of stroke.
- Diabetes: High levels of sugar in the body, are capable of damaging the arterial walls.
Race, color, and ethnicity: It has been proven that people with dark skin color are more prone to strokes.
SYMPTOMS TO DETECT A STROKE
These are the main symptoms of a stroke, which may alert you and help you to detect a stroke.
- Numbness on one side of the body (face, arm, leg).
- Confusion and difficulty at the moment of understanding what is heard and when speaking.
- Difficulties to see well.
- Lack of sudden coordination and loss of balance.
- A sudden headache without any apparent cause.
- Loss of consciousness or sudden fainting.
WHAT TO DO IN THE FACE OF A STROKE?
When detecting a stroke, the first thing we should do is to notify someone immediately about our symptoms or call emergency as soon as possible. Then it is important to lie down, to avoid suffering any type of injury if we subsequently lose consciousness.
The first 30 minutes are of the utmost importance at the time of suffering a stroke. It is important not to take any medication, or try any kind of first aid maneuver if we are not trained for it.
HOW TO AVOID A STROKE?
- Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables
- Do physical exercise at least 3 times each week
- Take a daily cardio aspirin
- Take care of your blood pressure
- Take a glass of wine daily